View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 07:00 PM   #5
Horizon

I am currently:

As mentioned above, it is possible your supervisor is wary that another incident may occur. Perhaps they don't understand why you handled the customer's question the way you did. Also, perhaps the supervisor is uncomfortable with the situation she was put in as far as embarrassment and having the manager complain to her. I don't think her "not liking" you anymore is a punishment - I think she has her own feelings. Not everyone we work with is going to like one another for whatever reason.

I assume you realized that the way you handled the situation could have been done in a different fashion and that you apologized for any embarrassment caused to the district manager, your supervisor, and the embarrassed customer. If your supervisor continues to act in ways you perceive as negative, perhaps schedule a time to sit down with her in private to talk about the incident and the aftereffects.

People tend to get embarrassed over bathroom things, especially when strangers are involved, and if you already knew the district manager was in the restroom, the customer could have been told "yes, someone is in there at the moment." Also, if someone is taking a while to finish in what I assume is the only bathroom available, it is fairly obvious they are doing their business, and having the door banged repeatedly and their name called and being told someone is waiting and please get out only serves to draw attention to the fact that they are in a restroom doing personal things. It also draws attention to the person who obviously needs to use the restroom next - the customer.

I think your supervisor may be wary for a while, considering that, while unintentionally done, it is not a common way for someone to respond when someone asks if a person is in the restroom.

Horizon is offline   Reply With Quote