View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008, 09:01 AM   #13
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I have planned my suicide - what should I do?

So you have a plan for suicide. That can be a pretty big and scary thing for some people, or sometimes, the idea can even be of comfort to know that the plan is there if things get too tough. The problem with that, though, is that where there is a plan there is often an intent to act on it, and that's what we are here to prevent.

Where there is a plan involved in suicidal thoughts, you really need to take responsibility and speak to someone. If things in your life have gotten so difficult for you that you've planned a way out, you need to speak with someone regarding your plans, and what is triggering it. It is never to late to get help and speak up about your thoughts and plans.

Good people to speak to include professionals such as doctors, psychologists, psychiatrists or counsellors. Depending on your age and the seriousness of your plan, some confidentiality with some of these people may be broken, as part of their duty of care.

If you have a date for your plan, I strongly suggest you plan some way to make it impossible for you to go through with your actions. Even if that means you go out to a friends house, you stay in a common area with family for the night, or you go right to bed without doing anything to yourself - it might seem silly but if you don't act on these plans you are giving yourself the chance for things to improve and get better.

Sometimes, we don't actually want to act on our plans but we feel compelled to because we have the thoughts/plans. We're still seeking support even though we have a plan and that's when you can try and intervene by speaking up and avoiding the plans. The sooner you speak up, or post here, and get the support you can, the sooner you can avoid ending your life and start beginning to solve the problems, so you can enjoy the better life that you deserve.

It's difficult I know, and things must be really difficult for you right now if you do have a plan for suicide but I urge you to intervene with yourself and make sure you cannot act these plans out, and tell someone you trust how you are feeling. You can overcome these thoughts - they are only thoughts, you need not act on them - and we are all here to help you through.

You may also find it helpful to read

Last edited by Snow White. : 30-06-2008 at 06:42 AM.