Thread: "Soft" Bipolar
View Single Post
Old 26-08-2013, 09:17 AM   #5
sherlock holmes
do you like my potato?

I was previously diagnosed with bipolar II as I experience rapid mood swings, but more intense depressions which lasted for much longer.

After recent discussions with my psychiatrist, we are agreed that my symptoms do not seem to fit BPII. My mood swings occur over hours rather than months like typical bipolar. I do not really get manic or hypomanic, I do get elevated mood and some increased productivity but it does not negatively impact me. I do get impulsive with spending money and binge eating. We are agreed that it sounds like I have Borderline Personality Disorder, which I was previously diagnosed with. It can present very similar to bipolar, so it is worth looking in to.

Basically my symptoms- rapid mood changes, can be many times in one day. Impulsivity with spending money and binge eating. Long periods of depression and suicidal feelings. Fear of abandonment. Self harm.

I am very sensitive to emotion, which is the basis for Borderline. Little stressors 'trigger' me and send me up or down, taking longer for me to reach baseline again.

Isn’t it funny how day by day nothing changes but when you look back, everything is different…

you once called your brain a hard drive, well say hello to the virus.

sherlock holmes is offline   Reply With Quote