View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008, 06:34 AM   #4
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Can things really get better?

I know how it feels. It feels like this are going to be dark and miserable forever. It might even be a pattern you've already experienced over a number of years, that things haven't got better yet so why should they now?

I'm not going to tell you that waking up tomorrow you're going to feel glorious and things should turn out fine if you wish hard enough. Because they won't. But things don't remain the same all the time either - things change. This means your feelings, your situations and your emotions will change too. If you're feeling overwhelmed because of a relationship right now, your opinion of that might change in a few days. If you're depressed than you can work on that with therapy and medication.

I'm not saying it'll come easy (but hey, sometimes these things happen) because ultimately with depression you will probably need either therapy, medication or a combination of the both to help you stablise your moods. But once that happens, you're set for putting your skills to work, working on a different state of mind and getting involved with things, making sure you have support - and try to prevent feeling this way forever.

Remember - if you keep doing the same thing over and over again you will never get a different result. But have faith. You can get through this - no matter how hard it is now, dawn will break.

Last edited by Snow White. : 30-06-2008 at 04:45 AM.