Thread: Sharp pains
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #2
Animad

To be honest you need to get this checked out. Any pain that isn't improving within the first couple of days, especially if it's worsening needs to be checked out. I'd also advise you to stop taking the painkillers at such a dose as if they don't work at the dose they should be used at then it's likely they're not the most affective ones. If you've been using Paracetamol (Acetaminophen (Tylenol)) then you could try to use Ibuprofen or vice versa. You could also use them both in tandem so long as you read the labels and ensure there is no reason why you can't take them. If you've got a purging type ED I'd also recommend you don't use Ibuprofen. Take them as said on the packaging and Ibuprofen should always be taken with some food.

It may also be using a heat pad or taking a hot shower/ bath may also help to reduce the pain if it is muscle based or using something cold. Some people find alternating between heat and cold is also affective. However, if using ice/ similar ensure there is a damp towel between that and your skin to prevent damage and only use it for up to 15mins every hour.

But yes, I'd definately advise you to get this checked out so you can see what's going on and what should be done to try and help it/ prevent it from potentially worsening further.