Thread: 5 years baby!
View Single Post
Old 15-06-2016, 12:48 AM   #1
not_so_insig
It's Bouquet! B-U-C-K-E-T!

I am currently:
5 years baby!

Another year has passed and I have achieved some things. Not only that but I am another year free of SI (making it 5 years free!)

1. Again I can handle stress better by talking to my cpn. I continue to phone her when things get bad. Most of the time I only see her every 3 weeks. At one point I was seeing her once a week.

2. I haven't got drunk and I continue to use alcohol responsibly (when in crisis I tend to abuse alcohol ).

3. I continue to go swimming most weeks (I don't go during half term because the kids stress me out).

4. I am still secretary for a sports day for people with disabilities. I am still managing with the workload even though I am mega busy during July and August.

5. I meet with my friend most weeks for coffee. This is a good thing because I struggle with getting out of the flat when I am having a bad day.

6. I didn't end up IP last year. In fact I didn't see my psych for 14 months which is the longest time I have been between seeing a psych. He was also pleased with my progress when I saw him in March. Hopefully I won't see him until next March.

7. I am nearly 18 months free of OD. This is the longest time I have been free since the age of 15 that I haven't ODED.

8. Because of the fact that my cpn works part time I occasionally have another nurse coming to see me. I have managed to let her inject me (I am on a depot) for many years I wouldn't allow anyone else to do it.

9. My parents went away on holiday recently and I coped fine without them. I managed to cope without harming myself in any way.

10. I think that there should be a tenth thing but I can't think of anything!

The only downside is that I have still yet to do anything regarding learning Italian.

So that's it! I feel as though SI is part of my past and that's something that I will never do again. As I have said in a previous thread once I get to 10 years free I will post on Facebook (the majority of people on there don't know that I SI ). Here's to another year!

Wannabe CPN : -)
"He who is tired of Weird Al is tired of life." - Homer Simpson
"I hear those voices that will not be drowned"
Sanity is a nasty disease. The world would be a happier place without it. - Rilic
RIP Kat 4th July 1987- 11th June 2013

not_so_insig is online now   Reply With Quote
8 Hugs Given By :