Thread: Not thirsty
View Single Post
Old 08-08-2010, 07:42 PM   #4
Animad

The colour of your urine does make it sound like it you are dehydrated. You say you're peeing more; is this just small amounts often? Is it painful? It's just I'm wondering if you have cystitis +/- a urinary tract infection.

You need to really make sure you drink more as if you don't this will cause problems with your kidneys and all I can really say right now is to force yourself to drink more, buy whatever you like to drink (that's none alcoholic) and just see how much you can drink of it. I'd also stay away from caffienated drinks especially anything highly caffienated such as Red Bull etc.

Other than the problems with not feeling thirsty, have you got any other signs?

I'd also say that I'd at least inform the company you're doing the drugs trial for as this could always be the cause, especially if it affects something like your kidneys. It may be that what you're taking isn't actually the actie drug and is nothing more than a placebo but you NEED to mention it to them. I'm not saying if it is then it's definately affecting your kidneys or even the centre in your brain which makes you drink more but this is a possibility.

I'd also say go back to your doctors and take a urine sample with you. First thing in the morning is always best but I'd get it to the doctors asap after (you don't necessarily need an appointment) as it can change if left for longer than a few hours, not even that long. And if not then put it in the fridge until you go but take a sample from that day. It doesn't matter what you put it from so long as it has been thoroughly cleaned out and iff possible not a pot that's had anything sugary in it beforehand.