View Single Post
Old 17-02-2020, 04:22 PM   #3
Searchingforadvice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pi.R^2 View Post
Hey there,

It sounds like you've been through an awful lot in your life and have overcome lots of different issues in the past, so I feel confident that you'll also be able to win the battle against the fear of leaving the house that has developed now.

One thing that could help is making a list of all the things that make you scared about going outside and then you can work out solutions to all of those potential problems and manage a very brief trip outside to start with. Would your dad be supportive in helping you to get back outside?

I don't know what kind of area you live in but maybe something like meetup would be a good place to start with trying to rebuild your social life. You'll find all sorts of people on there, some of whom may well struggle with similar issues to you.

Thanks for taking to the time to read my post and replying, I really appreciate it! Yes I think I need to tackle leaving the house in some kind of way first.

Unfortunately the place I live in is kind of a ghost town for people my age, everyone moved away. To have any sort of life I'm going to need to move myself but it's not feasible right now because of my mental health issues, including not leaving the house, and because I'm too scared to leave my dad in case anything happens.

Searchingforadvice is offline   Reply With Quote