View Single Post
Old 22-03-2010, 04:56 PM   #1
Chaos
* Kez *

I am currently:
Coming off of Mirtazapine

In a good and positive step, two weeks ago, my doctor said that he thought i was well enough to try and come off of my anti depressants. I have been on Mirtazapine for about a year and a half, and it has done me the world of good. At least i have managed to sort out a majority of my head while i have been on it. We have decided to come off of it slowly over 6 weeks, dropping 15mg every two weeks from 45mg.

However, i am 2 weeks in, and suddenly i feel very very tired and down for no reason. I also struggle with this 'loss of reality' feeling and this seems to be effecting me alot more again.

I know i felt really really tired when i first started on this medication, but it is possible i could feel like that again coming off of it? I know he said i might feel a bit worse coming off of them, but i guess i need some reasurrance that things get worse before they get better, right?

Has anybody had any experiences coming off of this drug, good or bad? I'm just glad that it's not giving me the same effects as coming off Effexor. I don't think i will ever touch that drug again, it's pure evil. I actually hallucinated dead bodies in my bed... true story

Sorry, i guess i just need some support coming off of these tablets. I should be proud of myself that the doctor thought i was well enough to come off of them in the first place. </positive moment>

~*~ Proud Cat Owner ~*~

"The smallest feline is a masterpiece." - Leonardo Da Vinci

Chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :