27-02-2007, 05:51 PM
Join Date: Nov 1999
I am currently:
What to post / What not to Post in this Forum
Welcome to the Mental Health Discussion and Support Forum. Mental Health problems and self injury are often seen hand in hand. This brand new forum has been created for members to discuss, ask questions, and receive support for a variety of different mental health disorders (diagnosed or suspected) and to discuss any issues that members may have about their mental health treatment.
What to Post in the Mental Health Disc & Support Forum
* questions &/or concerns about different mental health conditions, such as depression, anxiety, personality disorders, OCD (obsessive compulsive disorder), bipolar disorder, schizophrenia, dissociative & depersonalisation disorders and PTSD (post traumatic stress disorder)
* questions &/or concerns about different treatment alternatives that are available for people with mental health problems, such as therapy, medication, ECT (electroconvulsive therapy), inpatient vs outpatient hospitalisation
* questions &/or concerns about mental health practioners that are involved in the care of someone with a mental health issue, such as therapists/counsellors, case workers, PDocs, nurses, psychiatrists, social workers etc
* questions &/or concerns about the law and mental health - eg - legislation, Mental Health Act, confidentiality issues, patient rights and responsibilities, regulations and forced hospital detention, mental health tribunal.
What NOT to post in the Mental Health Disc & Support Forum
* questions &/or concerns about Eating Disorders (see Eating Disorder forum), Substance Abuse (see Substance Abuse Forum), recovery from sexual/emotional/physical Abuse (see Abuse and Bullying Forum)
*questions &/or concerns relating to self harm or self injury (see SI Discussion forum)
*graphic or suicidal posts (Serious Discussion forum)
* posts that breach the RYL Terms and Conditions of posting. (ie - the rules of posting in RYL forums)
* Posts, self diagnostic quizs, and questionaires that aim to diagnose a person with a mental health disorder - this can only be done by a trained mental health practioner.
If you have any issues, feel free to contact the moderators
(see staff listings
Last edited by Snow White. : 01-01-2011 at 05:21 AM.