View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008, 07:25 AM   #6
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I like being suicidal. Why?

Strangely enough, as humans we can see there are some benefits of being suicidal. No - I don't suggest it at all. Any benefits are strongly outweighed by the negatives. But - it is not uncommon to feel "okay" with being suicidal.

When we're suicidal, we are in need for comfort and support. The most effective way to get this is to express or recognise ourselves that we are unwell. Suicidal feelings are one of the most extreme ways we have for people notice that we need attention and support. There's nothing wrong with needing attention, we're human beings and we need it there for us. We need support to help us get us through.

When we're suicidal, it can often be when we get the most support from our family, friends or even members online. So we become nurtured and learn that through feeling suicidal we can get that support, and we can become comfortable with the pain if it ends with a bit more comfort.

But that's not a good habit to get into.
Here's the good news.

You don't have to be going through intense pain [such as being suicidal] to get support, love and affection. Anybody who cares about you is going to give you love and support no matter how you are feeling. And if you are open with people and just say "I need a hug / support / talk" then people will be there for you. It doesn't mean you're not even going to feel suicidal again, some people find it comfortable because they are scared of the "unknown" - but don't be afraid to ask for help before it gets too serious.

Even if it's as simple as making a post needing a bit of encouragement in General Support & Advice, it can be a key step in helping you keep your balance of support and stability in your life without going downhill. Remember that we care about you no matter what your state of mind is; you're still worthy of support.

Last edited by Snow White. : 30-06-2008 at 04:43 AM.