View Single Post
Old 13-03-2012, 09:17 PM   #1
taterthomas_1990

I need a strategy, help!

So I'm going to a St. Patrick's Day party on Saturday and I know that there will be lots of junk food. I'm freaking out! I've been super stressed out lately. Last Friday, when my roommate had friends over, I didn't necessarily overeat, but I ate some things that I wish I hadn't. I could have stopped before I did, but I didn't. I even made some of it! I know I gave in because of that stress.

I really want to use this party as an excuse to make more sweets (I love to bake and I'm good at it, but the problem is, if I bake something I'll want to eat it haha).

I know having some junk food is okay once in a while, but I don't want to eat things just because they're there either, which I have a habit of in social situations. I mean, they're usually lined up on the counter or table, practically inviting me to binge. I know I have a bad habit of thinking "oh, I've gotta try this because I'll probably not have a chance to so again!" So I try it and one bite turns into just a handful and ... well, you get the picture. I know this is a common way of thinking among people who have the same problems I do with food and it's not right. I need to stop.

Parties are supposed to be about being around friends and goofing off, not about the food. I don't want that to be the focus of this for me. What I really need (what with all the stress i've been under) is to hang out, not junk food and booze.

I can't just avoid parties because of my problem, that's not healthy either. One thing I know I can do is bring something healthy for us to much on instead. Other people will be bringing sweet things, so I will allow myself to have one of them, or if I must have more than one type, I'll have half of no more than two.

Any other suggestions for this and future gatherings?

“"If I had a world of my own, everything would be nonsense. Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't. And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be. And what it wouldn't be, it would. You see?"

- Lewis Carroll's Alice in Wonderland

taterthomas_1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Tig