View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

Why do I feel this way?

People feel suicidal for a lot of different reasons. The personal reasons you're feeling suicidal are obviously going to be unique to you. It could be to do with your relationships, your family, abusive situations or even just your own low self esteem.

People generally feel like being driven towards suicide because their coping mechanisms cannot weigh up with the amount of stress they are dealing with [or sometimes, we simply don't want to cope.] When this happens we are looking for a way out, and with self harm something that we might be used to, the next 'logical' step our mind may take is to thinking of suicide.

We think of suicide as the ultimate "solution" sometimes. When our problems are becoming too much to bear, we can have tunnel-vision and focus only on the one solution, the one that will seemingly end all of our problems.

Of course, while ending our problems it also ends any chance of recovery, any chance of a better day, and any chance of doing the things you enjoy again. It ends everything. Even though the pain hurts now and you want to find a way out desperately, suicide is not that way out.

Don't lose all the opportunities you have in life
just because you are struggling. Reach out for support, realise what is triggering you personally and what is overwhelming you and work on it slowly - but please, don't take the 'easy' way out. You will ultimately be missing so much of your life.

These feelings of being overwhelmed, of stressed, of trapped, of scared - whatever it is you are facing, they can be worked with. You just need to be alive to work on them. Keep fighting.

Last edited by Snow White. : 30-06-2008 at 04:45 AM.