View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 10:09 PM   #4
carpediem

I think you already know if it is a problem or not. Part of you is telling you that something is off and that you want to fix it (the rationale side) and then the other side quickly jumps in and tells you everything is fine, that you are exaggeration (the disordered side). The rationale side is who you are, that is the REAL you! I am right there with you on these thoughts dear, this is a daily battle for me as well. You are not alone, I promise you.

Looking up the nutritional facts will not help you though, neither will overexercising, or beating yourself up. You have to be self-loving, which I know is easier said than done. What sort of things do you enjoy doing? Before jumping to beating yourself up try some healthy coping skills. If you enjoy writing, write out your feelings (journal it, write poetry, etc). Take a walk, paint, if you have a pet spend time walking them or petting them. I even write inspirational quotes on a dry erase board that hangs on my fridge, to try and lift my spirits on those bad days. Maybe that could work for you, or something similar?

I know you are struggling with whether or not this is truly an issue, but it would not hurt to go in and see someone. It can only help you, if anything. Worth a try!

I'm sending good vibes your way, and definitely thinking about you. You can do this!

" You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You must do the thing which you think you cannot do."~ Eleanor Roosevelt

carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote