View Single Post
Old 14-07-2017, 07:49 AM   #25
Juella
Valerie

I am currently:

How are you doing today? Did you manage to sleep ok?

I'm so sorry charity wasn't helpful. Are there any other resources you can think of that you coult turn to if in crisis?

I can relate to struggling with talking on the phone. I hate making phonecalls and when I make any kinds of arrangements I prefer to walk to the place and talk to people face to face, even if it's a long way. For me, it's a little easier if before calling I sit down and write down the things I would say in the beginning of the conversation and the keypoints of what I might have to say later. Then reread it a couple of times. I also tend to create a physical feeling of comfort and safety, even if for me it means I only make important work calls with doors closed, in my bed, in PJs, all cuddled up in my safety blanket and hugging a plushie. I know it might be hard to think of ways how you can make yourself feel a little more comfortable and safe during the calls, because that's the opposite of how you really feel now most of the time, but maybe something comes to your mind. Or maybe, you can tell your crisis team you really hate phonecalls and they try to use different means of communication to keep in touch with you more often?

Juella is offline   Reply With Quote