View Single Post
Old 16-02-2020, 06:24 PM   #1
The Worst Witch

I am currently:
My grandad is dying

Hi
I didn't want to make a thread, but I'm struggling. My grandad broke his hip in a fall a few weeks ago and had to go into hospital for an operation to fix it. The operation went well and he came out of hospital after a few days, but because of his age there have been some complications. He was sent back to hospital on Thursday night after needing some fluids, and they've basically now told us we've to prepare for the worst. They won't let him home to the nursing home he lives in because they can't deal with drips. He's comfortable, which is the main thing but I'm so sad. Things that I'm worried about him dying (apart from the obvious) include:
  1. Having to deal with my dad wanting the interitance I'll get (my mum's share will go to me, my brother and my sister equally)
  2. My grief being as bad as it was when my mum died, I'm still not 100% over it
  3. My last link with my mum being gone
I know nobody can really give any advice (and my partner has already talked to me about it and made me feel better), but some hugs would be appreciated.

The Worst Witch is online now   Reply With Quote
19 Hugs Given By :