View Single Post
Old 17-04-2012, 12:50 PM   #10
pixiedust_11

I am currently:

I understand that feeling of "but they're so noticeable..." Mine are as well. It terrified me and I absolutely categorically 100% believed I'd never manage it. But I eventually plucked up the courage to show my housemate, and she told me that they weren't even that bad. Of course I think she was playing down a bit to make me feel better, but honestly once I went out once, it was so much easier the second time, and the third, and the fourth... and so on. It does get easier each time. You'll be with your friend so you might feel a bit more comfortable not being by yourself, and it might help just to have a funny excuse up your sleeve in case. I always look forward to the prospect of telling people I got on the wrong side of a demonic porcupine in mating season :P But alas, still nobody has asked.

You will be fine :) Try to think of it as their problem rather than yours. That's what my mum advised me, she's been wearing her scars on show for years and has only ever been asked once. And her scars are even worse than mine.

Do not be dismayed by the brokenness of the world. All things can be mended. Not with time, as they say, but with intention. So go. Love intentionally, extravagantly, unconditionally. The broken world awaits in darkness for the light that is you.

pixiedust_11 is offline   Reply With Quote