View Single Post
Old 15-07-2011, 11:13 PM   #17
random.swirls
Head forum moderator

I am currently:

Hum for me my moods stay the same for a long time e.g. I am depressed for several months I am high for several weeks I am stable for a while!

However, it is not abnormal for your moods to change during the day as maybe something has happened during the day.

I think what I would say is stop thinking is this bipolar is this me being weird because you will drive yourself mad :p!

A diagnosis of a mental illness is not straight forward generally and may well take your psychiatrist months or even years before they come up with a semi definate answer. Bipolar has at least 3 branches to it (1,2, and cylothmia) and within these there are things like rapid cycling. Borderline personality disorder shares a number of characteristics of bipolar, heck even unipolar depression can be mistaken for bipolar and vice versa.

I guess what I'm saying it try not to second guess yourself and seek help principally for the symptoms you are experiencing because a label won't change them

When we lose twenty pounds... we may be losing the twenty best pounds we have! We may be losing the pounds that contain our genius, our humanity, our love and honesty. ~Woody Allen
Is a chocolate muffin loving glitter ball

random.swirls is offline   Reply With Quote