View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008, 09:00 AM   #12
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

I am beginning to think about suicide - what should I do?

If you're just beginning to think about suicide - no plans are made - but you're thinking of it as a viable option in your life, ask yourself what is stressing you? What is it that is pushing you to want to take such an extreme reaction?

How are you feeling
- are you cornered or trapped? Are you overwhelmed with pressure from work or school? Are you feeling really alone or unheard? See if you can find the thoughts behind why you're beginning to feel suicidal.

All of these can be really good key questions to ask yourself when you are beginning to think of suicide. While you're only beginning to think of suicide the best thing you can do is put into action some thing to reduce the feelings.

So - if you've identified you're feeling stressed, then work at reducing what ever may be stressing you, or work at expressing these feelings of stress in a healthy matter. Tell someone what you are feeling, no matter what you are if it's tired, stressed, sick, trapped - speak with someone and see if that can ease the burden on your mind a bit.

Suicide won't solve any of the problems that you are dealing with at the moment, and the sooner you take the idea out of your head the sooner you can work on an action plan that can help sort out the problems. The Forums can be a great place to get thoughts and ideas about that, so don't forget to use them!

And while you're dealing with the problems you're facing now, try and push the thought of suicide out of your head while it is still in early stages (ss it will be somewhat easier.) Acknowledge it, but then recognise it's not an option you want to focus on and you need to focus on something more positive and that will help reduce your stress and anxiety. Remember it's going to be much easier on yourself if you can try to avoid thinking of it - so if you can focus on something more positive the thoughts have less chance to get intense. Try not to entertain the thoughts, don't let them grow.

You may also find it helpful to read

Last edited by Snow White. : 30-06-2008 at 06:42 AM.