Thread: Recovery Tattoo
View Single Post
Old 18-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #15
XXIVXXIXXI
Beautiful, Loved, Worthy, Free: REGARDLESS

I am currently:

I would love to get one that was just centered around recovery, but I'm not sure if or when I'll be comfortable explaining a lot of my struggle.... with emotional/verbal abuse, depression/bipolar disorder, SI, etc. Even though I was able to tell an entire audience about my struggles with SI, I still don't like talking about it with certain people... and only a small few know about the stuff with my parents (it's really hard for me to talk about it). So, I want something that has more meaning than just that struggle.

Maybe it's the fact that I am a writer... specializing in poetry. I like things to have multiple meanings.

Maybe I should get a tattoo of an ogre... because it seems like the tattoo is already going to have multiple layers (like an onion... thank you Shrek).

"'For I know the plans I have for you...plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart. I will be found by you...and will bring you back from captivity...'" Jeremiah 29:11-14a

XXIVXXIXXI is offline   Reply With Quote