View Single Post
Old 02-03-2008, 12:56 PM   #28
Caru y Nos

I havn't read all the comments, but one of the early ones by Raven said about women with children been demonised. Surely this is down to the media. Pick up the paper, you'll read about the 'feral' youths. How society has gone downhill, and a load of other nonsesnse. Paedophilia, etc is portraid as a recent thing. hmmm, why are they digging up the area around a foster home and interviewing all those people who had been abused while there???

Power of the press. Its probably the same for those of you not in the UK, but the press is demonising the youth, society on the whole. They're creating a society where we fear to go out, we fear each other, we fear ourselves. They then virtually 'create' stories to write. They judge the many by the actions of a few. I'm 16, so according to the press i'm completely abnormal (i am, but what the hey...) cos i'm not doing drugs, not drinking alcohol 24/7, and not impregnating females. This is the image the media has created via the small sect of society. When i walk down the street, people tend to be fearful or extremely obnoxious.

As for demonising mothers, its probably because the media has created a situation where a baby is automatically associated with someone who hasn't had an education, has little prospects for the future, etc. Simply down to the press' own desire to sell more papers, get more attention, make more money. Whenever i read the paper/watch the news, i pick out the bits which are blatently discriminating.

Heres an interesting fact. Did you know, an oil tanker and all its crew go missing (out at sea) every week. How come we never hear about it through the press? You'll probably find its so common that they can't make money from it!!!

On buses, if the space says disabled, its there for the disabled. I agree that the puch chair should have ben folded up but not all of them do fold with just one person (unless your an expert juggler, but thats just cruelty to children :D). Why didn't the bus driver ask for any suggestions? Why didn't others on the bus offer to help the mother fold down the buggy? Surely, the media is creating a society as stated above!!! They have to much power and little regulation. Something somewhere should stop the press's discrimation and racism. They've even given the word immigrant a bad image. Even though, we're all immigrants somewhere down the line. I'm British, so i contain celtic, scandinavian, probably french, and much more 'mixed' blood from subsequent invasions. There is no such thing as a pedigree human. We're all mungrells. And i'm damn proud of it!!!

(i went off the point, but do i care?)

p.s that was a no. :D LOL

Dead to the world. Alive for the journey

Caru y Nos is offline   Reply With Quote