View Single Post
Old 19-03-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
MrsNutkin

I am currently:
Supported housing

I have 'mild' cerebral palsy. I can't cook if it involves preparing stuff like veg.

I'm actually concerned about DLA changing to PIP because one of the questions is can you prepare a simple meal? (I should add that the changes are not confirmed as yet but proposals I have heard say this) it's a bit of topic but yeah I'm worried I'll miss out on support because I don't 'know' the system as it were. That's off topic just slightly...

The main point of this post is to ask if I'd be likely to be eligible for some kind of supported accommodation if I needed/wanted it. I have GAD ('only' diagnosed by a GP) and depression as well as my 'mild' CP. I live with my boyfriend and we get on fine etc but it's just a hypothetical question really, if I had to live alone could supported housing be an option?

I seem to 'fall short' of support because I'm 'new' to the system and don't know how to jump through the hoops. It feels like one has to jump through hoops and play to the politics of the frankly outdated 'system'

Am I being terribly outspoken here or should I be getting more help? I understand people can't advise as we aren't professionals here but it feels like I am always drawing the short straw.

It feels like others in my situation would be able to access more support.

MrsNutkin is offline   Reply With Quote
One Hug Given By:
Tig