View Single Post
Old 11-04-2015, 06:54 AM   #6
whoknows

I am currently:

I think we have all been there (some still are); we're convinced we are a bad person, weak or full of flaws, and for that we hate ourselves. But have you stopped to really think about the facts?

When I look at you I see a bright, funny, caring woman with so much potential to be anyone she wants to be, but you will not reach the end of that rainbow if you keep holding yourself back with self-deprecating behaviours. I know it's hard sometimes, it is for me too, but you have to push away the negative thoughts about yourself otherwise you will never reach the pot of gold.......and I don't want to reach the gold without you.

None of us are perfect, and who wants to be?!! Perfection is not a human trait therefore it is impossible to reach. Of course, it doesn't mean you give up TRYING to be perfect but there's a fine line between HAVING to be perfect and TRYING;

When you HAVE to be perfect, anything less is a complete and utter failure, and you feel inadequate if you 'fail'.

When you TRY to be perfect you accept that if you have tried your best, that IS perfect in itself, even if the end result didn't quite turn out how you wanted.

Take madonna for example. She is a successful woman, right? But she's not perfect. That fall at the Brits, her dress sense sometimes (come on, Madge, grow old gracefully), and most likely a ton of other things we don't even know about. Even her work isn't perfect, but it doesn't need to be, it only needs to 'hit the spot'.

I guess what I'm trying to say is I like you just the way you are, except for your self-deprecating, because I see who you really are; a good, worthwhile person who deserves to know the truth about herself, not some twisted lie.

(That's kind of what I'd say to my friend if she told me she hated herself.)