View Single Post
Old 09-07-2007, 03:33 PM   #22
Porphy
The Rain Set Early In Tonight

Location: The 'official' Middle-of-Nowhere! Namely, a tiny little village in the South-West.
I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *ana's-broken-play-thing* View Post
Do you think cutting is a sin that will have to be confessed (to the preist, bishop, etc, whatever your church believes in) before we can get forgiven for it? And if we confess, and do it again, is that really bad? Like Damnation material? Just curious what people thought. I mean, I feel bad about cutting, burning, etc, and I feel like it is wrong, but . . . I don't know how to stop yet.
I feel exactly the same way. I think that SI probably is a sin, but we both know that God will forgive us and understand our actions. When we SI we harm His creation - when we hate ourselves, in a way we hate Him - He made us, He made us 'good', and He made us in His image. I think we need to remember we're part of Him, something so big and so beautiful that we can't understand it.

I don't necessarily think it's a sin you have to confess, as far as I'm concerned my scars do that for me. He knows what's in your heart, and what's in you soul - He can see the desire to break free, and that's what matters. However, maybe confessing would help you recover?

I think, as with everything in Christianity, it's majorly up to each persons interpretation and their relationship with God. :)

Don't know if that's helpful or not.

Porphy is offline   Reply With Quote