View Single Post
Old 27-09-2019, 12:43 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by one_step_closer View Post
I'm sorry you're having a hard time right now. Are there things going on that are making it such a struggle for you at the moment? Well done for managing not to self harm all this time, that shows you can continue. What has helped in the past? What support do you have in your life? If it helps to post here please keep doing it. I hope things start to ease soon.
Thank you for the reply. I have a completely wonderful fiancé, but I'm in a professional degree program so I'm living apart from him and my family. I think I've just been feeling extra lonely and that makes it hard to focus on classes...but he and I have both sacrificed so much for me to be here. I don't know...its the second year of this (looking at a total of 7) and this year just seems more emotionally taxing. I know this is sort of my pattern...I push really hard for short bursts and then I burn out...except I can't afford to burn out this time because so much of our future is riding on doing well and I can't blow it. But I've had to resort to coping mechanisms I haven't needed in years and that scares me a little. He knows I've struggled in the past...but I just can't admit to him that I'm having this hard of a time. I just need to push through it I guess.

09252011 is offline   Reply With Quote