View Single Post
Old 09-08-2007, 05:56 AM   #1
sillystring

I am currently:
hiding scars for military physical?

Anyone got any tips on how to hide lots of scars from the military doctors when I go for the physical this Friday? I've got a lot, and some pretty big ones at that, so I'm guessing it's gonna be hard to hide it. They make you strip down to your undergarments, so hiding behind any sort of clothing isn't really an option.... I'm not even sure if I CAN hide it, and that's what is really scaring me... what should I say when they ask about them?

That's the only thing I'm worried about... the rest of the physical shouldn't be a problem. This guy I know, who is in charge of the Navy SEALS has complete confidence in me. In fact, he gave me this test today for their advanced programs to see if I could qualify for one of those (I wanna do nuclear), and he said that EVERYONE was incredibly impressed with how high I scored (I scored okay on the general test too- got a 96 out of 99, I don't know my exact score on the advanced programs test, other than it was higher than most people who take the test and high enough to have everyone talking about how impressed they were).

But me scoring well on that test is where a big problem comes in. If only I had screwed up on it and not done well enough to be able to get into the program I want, I could have stopped everything right here. Not worried about the physical. The physical is the last thing I have left to do. I can get thru it. I can exercise and have caffine to get my pulse into a normal level before they take my vitals. I know what to say and what not to say. But I'm clueless when it comes to what to say or do about the scars. And knowing that these stupid scars could be the one thing that keeps me from doing what I REALLY want to do, just makes me wanna cut more... but I know I can't cuz that'd create even more problems...

If you get rid of the pain before you have answered its questions, you get rid of the self along with it.
--Carl Jung

sillystring is offline   Reply With Quote