View Single Post
Old 28-09-2008, 03:29 AM   #76
Sometimes Crazy
Left.

I don't think it's making RYL too cotton-woolly at all.

A lot of people with ED/ED tendencies are posting for support when they're at their most vulnerable or on that journey to recovery. It would be horrible if a person who was vulnerable in that aspect joined the site, came to post on this board and left feeling even more triggered and possibly in danger by seeing posts full of low numbers, food lists that may make their own eating habits seem "omgz gross!" when it's dangerous enough for them as it is and it becomes a competition or anything else.

Not to say that sometimes posting numbers has been useful in the past - perhaps I'm in a minority who find very low numbers or lists of food triggering? Not everybody is the same and there are going to be some who find the new rules a bit constricting at first. I'm sure a lot of members who've been round for ages couldn't get their head around not having blood/tools in their avatar/sigs but they're still here and they adjusted!

Banning words would be going a bit far, no? All that's been done, in my opinion, is removed the ability to post numbers and food items and such that could be used in a "mental competition" or unwittingly trigger people in a vulnerable place, which is how a lot of members who use the ED board are, whether they can see that or not at the time.

[/rant]

So you found a girl
That thinks really deep thoughts
What's so amazing
About really deep thoughts?

Sometimes Crazy is offline   Reply With Quote