View Single Post
Old 24-02-2019, 08:34 PM   #1158
one_step_closer
The Shadow of the Day

I got my cutting box out but I feel almost paralysed in my ability to self harm. Tired, distant, unreal, just unable. I'm not sure how much I exist in this moment and I especially don't know if other people truly exist. I phoned the informal crisis team and the person I can't talk to answered and I hung up. I would have hung up no matter who it was anyway. I phoned Breathing Space but no one was available. Do real people even exist over the phone? No one can see me but everyone can see me. I feel like I could stand in front of a moving car and I'd be hit but it still wouldn't be real. There are varying levels of reality and I don't firmly exist in any of them. I need to contact emergency personnel. There is no one. The fact that I can't hurt myself physically means I'm ok. If I wasn't too bothered by the cold I'd be as well lying down outside until I decompose. I will get kicked out of my house when I'm taken off benefits anyway. In what form do I exist? How can I reach out when i'm unsure and when telephone contact reinforces disconnection? Tomorrow I have an appointment with my support worker but things will be different then and I can never find the right words anyway. There are no people I can connect to. I am alone.

I put it down on paper and then the ghost does not ache so much.

Don't try to calm the storm, calm yourself, the storm will pass.

You didn't come this far just to come this far.

one_step_closer is offline   Reply With Quote