View Single Post
Old 02-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #2
shadow-light
He was no dragon. Fire cannot kill a dragon

I am currently:

raised scars can be either hypertropic scars or keloids,both of these are caused by the body overproducing collagen. hypertropic scars appear as raised lump on the skin, but do not grow beyond the boundaries of the original wound, these will in time become "normal" scars and fade. Keloids, howver, are more serious form of scarring, because they can carry on growing indefinitely into a large benign growth.
A keloid is a result of over production of type I and some type III collagen, I'm not sure which collagen hypertropics are caused by... although both can occur to anyone, keloids are more common in people of afro-carabean descent. People can have a genetic suitability to keloids (as I do) and they are more likely on the upper body, maily the arms, face and chest. Keloids will ofter have sharp pin and needle types pains too, and hurt in changing tempurature

there are a LOT of treatments... if they are keloids though you'll probably rquire medical help to get rid of them... with hypertropics though they will go in time and such things as moisterising and bio-oil may speed this up