Thread: Using Phones.
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2013, 09:38 PM   #24
forever_lost

I am currently:

I'm alright with phones, especially when I'm talking to someone I know, like friends and family, it's no big deal. Same as talking to them in person I feel like. Texting is just usually more convenient unless it's urgent. And I use the phone like all day during my summer job to talk to strangers, helping them, answering questions, taking messages, blah blah. I don't mind that...as long as I'm the receiver of the call. I hate actually calling strangers or acquaintances about things. Probably because it takes more confidence since I'm the one starting the conversation I guess, and what if it's a dumb question or something. In that case, I often write down what I plan to say so I don't choke up lol. When I'm nervous on the phone, I hate that my voice can end up sounding either overly nice/cheery or like a little girl. I also prefer IMing for any sort of tech support or customer service whenever possible. Too many awkward silences while waiting (or sitting on hold) and accents I don't understand. If I have to call, I actually prefer automated machines over real people most of the time. I'm always scared I'll get asked a question I don't know the answer to, but need to and should, and the whole "this call may be recorded for blah blah purposes" freaks me out a little. Too much pressure!

Last edited by forever_lost : 12-05-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Giving up doesn't always mean you're weak.
Sometimes it just means you're strong enough to let go.
"But it's the truth even if it didn't happen."

forever_lost is offline   Reply With Quote