View Single Post
Old 02-11-2009, 03:38 AM   #2
Geranium

I am currently:

I was in this bad situation some years ago too.

You won't need to claim Job Seekers Allowance as you'll be classed as "unfit to work" at the moment. You should be able to get benefits because of that.

Incapacity benefit is based on a doctors note so it doesn't make much difference whether you resign or they dismiss you ( i.e. if either option feels less painful choose that one.)

As far as I know you still get the forms from Job Centre Plus. (You can do that over the phone.)

As said above you are likely to be entitled to DLA (Disability Living allowance) too.

The best advice I can give you is get an advice agency to help. Frankly the benefit system can be really stressful when you are ill, and benefits law changes all the time. (The Mind charity in my area has a benefits worker - so that might be worth checking, otherwise citizen's advice bureau or a local advice centre.)

I read your thread in vets sometimes - sorry I've not had much to offer in reply- but I see what a bad time you are having, and that you need to focus on getting into a safer state both physically and mentally.

look after yourself (as much as you possibly can.)
xxx

Geranium is offline   Reply With Quote