View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 07:05 PM   #14
x_nomirrors_x
There was no point in looking back!

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by qqmore View Post
"First off, God didn't create pain and suffering. Pain and suffering entered the world as a result of Adam's choice to disobey God's commandments."
Genisis 1:1 - In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

If God created this physical reality and all laws which govern it, how can you say he did not create pain and suffering and all that goes with this existence? Good and bad, right and wrong, joy and suffering, pleasure and pain. According to the bible, Eve was the first to consume the forbidden fruit and Adam later followed temptation. Don't forget about Eve.

With that said, you honestly believe in a supernatural being that would determine the fate of the rest of humans (his own creation) solely on the choices of the first two created? An analogy that does not do justice to the extreme implications and significance of this belief would be the following: Punishing a murderer along with his family soley for the father's crime. If his children have children they will serve the same punishment for their entire lives as well, all due to the father's original crime. And on it goes.

"God ALWAYS has a purpose for our pain. If He can't use it, He won't allow it."

God has a purpose for people being raped, tortured, starved to death, inflicted by disease, exposed to permanent psycologically damaging traumas? Wait a minute, so what you're saying is God had a purpose for Adam and Eve to disobey in the FIRST place? Otherwise he wouldn't have allowed it to happen. So I guess all of the chaos in this world and the next serves his will? I'm sorry this is completely absurd.

Still I won't discredit the fact that you can take many great lessons of life from the motivational and thought provoking parables from the bible. However, one has to be careful to distinguish what is the word of man with what is believed to be the word of God. With that all said, I will leave you with this:

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
-Epicurus
This is ignorant, whilst I agree with you there is no need to tell somebody what they believe is Absurd.

I have to remind myself that some birds just aren't meant to be caged.
Their feathers are just too bright.

And when they fly away, the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up rejoices.

Still, the place you live in is that much more drab and empty when they're gone.

x_nomirrors_x is offline   Reply With Quote