Thread: Flash issue
View Single Post
Old 18-01-2021, 02:03 PM   #15
Pi.R^2
Pathologically flamboyant

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyanna View Post
I am confused. What exactly is stopping the mods here from contacting those in charge of that website and asking them to change things?
We are in a long term debacle about upgrades to the site that are needed- it is much more than just the arcade that needs some work! Those with the 'behind-the-scenes' power to change things have understandably moved on with their lives and personally I don't think they 'owe' us anything now. They made a wonderful site that served a lot of people very well for a very long time and that was a great thing that they did. They didn't sign up for a life-long voluntary commitment to provide updates whenever times changed and RYL got outdated. Also as far as I'm aware, they put a lot of their own money into making RYL which again is super-generous and I don't think they should feel obliged to do that again to make a new site fit for the 2020s. I do understand the frustration with everything that goes wrong these days, but I also find it a bit rude to demand more now from people who gave so much to create this site.

So yes, there have been attempts behind the scenes to think about the many things on RYL that need fixing if and when someone is willing and able to do it. But no, I'm not going to spend my time harassing someone with a lot on their plate to specifically fix the arcade.

Last edited by Pi.R^2 : 18-01-2021 at 08:01 PM.

No other sadness in the world would do

Pi.R^2 is offline   Reply With Quote