View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 02:38 PM   #2
Animad

If you have sensitive vessels there it may be that every now and again they just become a tiny bit damaged and so bleed a very very small amount and so you can smell it. Also, if it was swollen as the result of you hurting it it could be that the inside is still a bit inflamed and so that makes it more likely to bleed and this could just be very tiny.

However, I would be suspicious of whether it is just an hallucination type thing purely because you have them because though a small amount of blood in your nose will be picked up easy as a smell, if you have had no sign of bleeding at all; by that i mean not even a tiny spot of blood once or twice, I would not suspect this to be the case.

How often do you smell it? Is it at times of stress/ when you see your MH signs more? Is it at times when you may cut yourself (just thinking it could be a psychological link, not just smelling the blood coming from a cut)? Is there any links to when you get this such as when you are running stenuously in cold weather or something else that you may do? Is your nose sore at all/ no other discharges and no pain in your throat? And, have you had your BP checked recently; if so is it normal? Raised BP increased the chances of small nose bleeds.

Dryness wouldn't tend to cause this and your nose itself is a pretty moist environment, everyone's is to protect you from 'bugs' so this wouldn't be it.