View Single Post
Old 13-07-2017, 10:37 PM   #2
bitomato

I am currently:

So I got to talk to some students about the changes they are seeing at medical school regarding this. Not only are faculty disclosing, but research is being conducted to understand the impact things like depression has on students, and there is an open discussion encouraging persons to view mental illness as normal and also asking for help as a safe course of action.

Unfortunately, I do see the other side of the coin where the concept of consent is an illusion, so if you are considered a harm to yourself or others- it is clear that omission from occupational health and safety forms and other disclosures to work with children and vulnerable adults may not support a history of mental illness that leads to hospitalization or leaves of absence from studying.
Either the profession embraces all, or still makes it difficult for some to access support without fear of consequences.

~Happy tomatoes together we will be~
You say toe- may- toe, I say toe- mah- toe:
Let's call the whole thing- red

ďItís time to lead the third revolution, which is not to say we want to be at the top of the world, but to say we want to change the world. Because the way the world has been designed by men is not working. Itís not working for women, itís not working for men,
itís not working for polar bears
.Ē Arianna Huffington 2014

bitomato is offline   Reply With Quote