View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 05:49 AM   #1
jo1995

I am currently:
Bruises or welts

I haven't cut in almost two months and I'm pretty proud. I even have the one month free bracelet. My mom found out i was cutting in the worst way possible; i went too deep one night and she had to take me to the ER for 8 stitches. Since then shes been watching me like a hawk and i have had no choice but to try my hardest to quit cutting. The thing is, even though she is so proud of me for having the one month free bracelet, I've been doing other things to cope. I've went back to what i call welting(don't know if other people do this or have other names for it.) Making bruises, using bracelets and other flexible objects to make welts that will go away quickly but still provide a good amount of pain.
What i'm getting at is this: Am i lying by telling my mom and close friends that i'm "clean" from self harm, if i'm still doing those other things? Does anyone else have other self harm methods aside from cutting that they consider "not as bad" or "acceptable"? Please, any feedback would help. Thanks.

jo1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Hugs Given By :