View Single Post
Old 08-07-2013, 10:11 PM   #152
The girl who dissapeared

Been wanting to post something like a reply and my experiences with the mental health system after seeing dont call me crazy.

When I was 16 (im now 28) I was sectioned under the mental health act and put in a unit with all adults. Closest to my age was about 25. I was kept under close quarters for about a month and after that I had about another 4 months in that hell hole.i didn't understand properly what was going on and medication wasn't really consulted with me, I was just trialed on many different things till they found what 'works for me' I don't think the young adult mental health units existed back then but I could have done with more company my own age and not being treated like a full adult when I'd only just left school.

My experiences with the mental health system since that have been no better ( about 5 in total, vairing in length) with a particular incident in Bodmin mental health unit where I was restrained, and shoved down a corridor then to be stuck with a needle in my ass because I questioned what medication they were going to give me , in front of about 6 other patients ( they objected) some of the staff there were truly dispicable.

In short you have all your human rights stripped from you the moment someone says 'your under section.'

I have NOTHING positive to say about the mental health system.

The girl who dissapeared is offline   Reply With Quote