View Single Post
Old 15-10-2010, 03:59 PM   #6
Untouchable

I am currently:

Hiya,

Firstly, if you are worried about infection; ensure your hands are always clean before touching the area.

For your mouth also make sure your toothbrush is clean. You can help this buy boiling some water and sitting your tooth brush in the water for about 5 - 10 mins before each time you use it. Then rinsing it with cooled boiled water, and clean hands make sure the bristles are cleaned thoroughly too. [/font]

There are also mouthwashes available. I personally like corsodyl mouth wash (I used this when I got my tongue pierced.) This can be bought in most supermarkets and pharmacies.

As for the skin...keep it clean. And also moisturised. This can help with any tightness or itching; the only thing to wary of is if you aren't washing off any excess or leftover moisturiser, you will be increasing the chance of infection. Or maybe try a barrier cream, such as sudo-crem or bepanthen [my prefered one], as this keeps the area moisturised and protected (but again, ensure you clean the area fully before applying anymore!!!)

Try putting on a light weight bandage. As said before, gauze would probably be good, then binding it to your arm using either medical tape or a roll bandage. Don't use anything woolly or sticky on it. Personally I am wary of antibacterial creams, as they can do more harm than good at times (but that is my own preferences and opinion).
I think the main thing with all of this is to ensure both areas are kept clean.

Hope this helps,

x