View Single Post
Old 22-06-2008, 07:34 AM   #7
Snow White.
I am a fairy.

I am currently:

You can't help me - I'm a lost cause.

It can really feel like that sometimes. Sometimes, the odds of things can just be so stacked against a person that no matter what you think of there is an answer to why it won't work. Are you open to support?

Remember that depression can sometimes cloud our vision, it can make our future seem hopeless and problems unsolvable. It's a cruel thing - it can even make small problems seem big, and overwhelm us. So maybe you're not in the best place to judge at the moment if you can be helped or not. I've never seen anyone turned back from a mental health professional because they were "a lost cause." You might feel like it - but there are people who can get you back on track.

Even when there is a wide, vast range of issues at work into why someone is suicidal (and, there usually is) they can be dealt with. Tackling them each individually and allowing yourself not to get overwhelmed with the bigger picture is the main thing. And certainly if you've got a lot of different issues and factors do not go through it alone. If you seek professional support and talk with someone that can be a great place to start, and break down it into something you can deal with.

And if you're unable to speak to a professional, such as a doctor or a psychologist, you could talk with people here, friends, parents, and try and see if anyone else can assist you in getting you to a professional, so you can discuss the feelings you're going through at the moment.

But no - you're not a lost cause. And we won't give up on you here.

Last edited by Snow White. : 30-06-2008 at 04:43 AM.