View Single Post
Old 23-07-2020, 06:46 PM   #4
Elmer
Patchwork Elephant

I am currently:

(I'm going to preface this with the fact I know very very little about this subject and have no personal wish for a child. But I respect those who do.)

I don't know if it helps, but I think being unsure and scared and aware that it's not going to always be sunshine and roses is perfectly sensible and reasonable. It's a huge decision and this shows you're thinking about it clearly and selflessly. You're not convincing yourself that it's going to be this wonderful miracle and it's going to be perfect, you're more concerned with the welfare of your child than your own and I think that's a beautiful thing.

You sound like you're in a place with a lot of love around you and all that pressure is pressure you are putting on yourself. Of course your partner can and should shoulder an equal part of the raising of a child.

I would say that support is inevitably going to be needed and that's no bad thing - everyone should have support with this kind of thing, but maybe have a think and a talk with the people around you so they know your worries and make sure there is a 'safety net' of sorts so you have somewhere to turn if things start to get overwhelming.

As I said, this is all conjecture so you can completely ignore me if I'm talking rubbish but I have thought a lot about the possibility of having a baby and it's not an easy prospect to get your head around!

You have a lot of love to give.

Good luck.

'It's an impossible choice ... I'll just have to hope that when I flip the coin it somehow explodes and kills me.'

"You're not scared of climbing mountains. You're scared that you can't make them move."

Jenna was here :P

Elmer is online now   Reply With Quote