View Single Post
Old 28-01-2013, 11:04 PM   #5
Tessar

I am currently:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blanket. View Post
Heya, I completely empathise. With the words not describing it - I don't know about for you, but for me sometimes it is just such an indescribable thing. Like someone will say something that reminds me and it makes my throat close up... even though it's a different context, I can't describe how it makes me feel. Vulnerable all over again I guess.
And yes, I really empathise on accepting 'abuse' as well. I guess it's all so tied up into it - part of the emotional aspect of it means it's so difficult to believe certain things in yourself, and the fact that it was 'wrong' is one of them. The important thing is gaining reassurance from others that you can trust, and focusing on overcoming the impact the behaviour has had on you, until eventually you'll be able to give that reassurance to yourself.
All the best x
For me, it's almost like I feel like my lungs are going to close up or something. If I get really stressed when exercising its like an asthma attack, but only short lived. Not very nice.
I am working on things just as u describe. It's so good sharing in here as it helps me get some of that reassurance you speak of. That's something usually missing for victims of abuse, no-one provided any reassurance or support most of the time, let alone even a slither of validation.
In posting my thoughts and feelings here I am releasing some of my doubts. One day I will have released them all. Then it will be time for freedom and increased happiness and fulfilment in life.

Last edited by Tessar : 28-01-2013 at 11:05 PM. Reason: Missing word
Tessar is offline   Reply With Quote