View Single Post
Old 13-04-2009, 01:06 AM   #1
one lie at a time
Katie

I am currently:
Lamotrigine (Lamictal) vs lithium

I think questions like this must get really redundant and possibly frustrating.

But I'm really confused and suffering from huge indecision.

I've taken both Lithium and Lamotrigine. Lithium for the past 2 years (kind of on an off - I stopped taking it for a couple of months last year) and took Lamotrigine for 10 months before I randomly stopped taking it for no reason.

I don't remember how well the Lamotrigine worked. I remember that my med guy was very unhappy when I stopped taking it. My mom says I was fine on it.

I know I hate the lithium (side effects. >;[ weight gain, tremor, thirst, ect). I'm not sure how stable I've been, because I don't remember what I'm like without meds. So I can't tell you how well it's working.

My new-ish med person says there's a possibility I can switch from the lithium back to the lamictal. I dunno what to do. I'm afraid to stop taking the lithium, in case I get sick again, but I hate lithium so much.

I guess what I need is ... if any of you have taken either of these meds, how have they helped you, what problems have you had, what do you think is best? I know different meds work differently for different people, but any kind of input would help. I don't know what to do.

Sorry if this was confusing. xD

one lie at a time is offline   Reply With Quote