View Single Post
Old 06-10-2016, 04:36 PM   #1
infinitely
awake and unafraid

I am currently:
Starting medication

For about half a year I've been discussing with my therapist whether or not I should start taking antidepressants. I've finally concluded that it's the right step for me and that it's something I need to try along with my therapy, so we decided that I should start. I saw my doctor today and talked through it and got a prescription.

So now I have the medication in my hands and I'm supposed to start tomorrow, but suddenly I'm really scared. I don't know why, but the idea of it all feels so serious and I'm getting cold feet. I've been struggling with depression for the past ten years and panic disorder for maybe seven, so it's probably about time that I try this, but I'm just scared.

While I'm well informed when it comes to possible side effects I can't know which I'll get, if any. I'm worried that it will do more harm than good, but I also can't know what before I try. I know this is something I should/want to try. I guess I just need some support and maybe advice? Does anybody have any tips for how I can get the courage to take that first dose in the morning?

your heart is a muscle the size of your fist
keep on loving, keep on fighting
and hold on, and hold on, hold on for your life

infinitely is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Hugs Given By :