Thread: Spice Addiction
View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 10:24 PM   #11
Leto37

I am currently:
Need help.

Someone I know, had a big problem with drinking and weed. They lost their job from it, but didn't get clean. Instead, they moved on to "safe" spice when friend told him he looked into it and said it was fine, he's mistaken in a big way. Now they are heavily spice addicted from a year of 5-10g daily from trying to find a cheaper "legal" high, and to come up clean on job drug tests. Well they started to run out of money and started stealing to get spice he needed it so bad. He's one day into getting sober and wants to work a program. But he's an atheist and the 12 step program seems like he would just catch a lot of flack for not being able to accept that idea. I'm not trying to make waves, but how does someone who can't accept a a supernatural force supposed to do the 12 step program?

Also people aren't kidding about it being worse than weed by far. He think he has asthma now 3-4 coughing fits a day, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, he feels stupid and out of all the time, not in a good way. He wants to get his life together and get clean, but he doesn't want people to lay into him about his views. Not only does he not think he's even close to important in the universe, he hates himself, but people tell him he can't accept the idea of a higher power because he thinks he's too important. He an atheist now because he was raised religious it's not as if he hasn't heard the message. He just wants to get clean, he can accept that people who do this for a living know better than he does, and he can take direction. But that higher power thing having to be a supernatural being, can't do it. Nor can he accept really any metaphysical system, but he wants help and he wants to try a support group.

Edit: No insurance, no way to get any as a single person in AZ without kids, broke, jobless.

Last edited by Leto37 : 06-09-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: More info.