View Single Post
Old 18-11-2010, 11:56 AM   #3
Dreaming.
You are free.

I am currently:

First post suggestions.

A good way to start out posting is to make an introduction thread and tell us a little about yourself. Don't be nervous - lots of new people join RYL every day, and we love getting to know the new members. Unsure about what to say? No problem, we can help!

Are you stuck on what to post on for your first post? Do you want your first thread here to be different and individual but aren't sure how? Well have no fear - in this thread you can find some ideas on how to make your first post stand out from the others.
  • Include the basics such as your name/nickname, where you're from, how old you are, etc.
  • Why are you joining RYL?
  • Do you have any cool hobbies or interests? How do you like to spend your free time?
  • You could also include what some of your favourite movies, music, books, TV shows, etc. are.
  • Is there anything about you that makes you stand out in a crowd? A rare talent? An odd interest? A funny habit?
Here's an example of a post so you can get some ideas:

Quote:
Hi, my name is Benjamin, but I go by Ben.

I'm from California, and I'm 16 years old. I found RYL while searching for self-harm help, and I also suffer from Bipolar Disorder. When I'm not on the computer (which I am a lot :P) I like to skateboard and play with my younger brother. I collect bottle caps and love reading mystery books. My all-time favourite movie is Mrs. Doubtfire, my favourite music is basically any punk rock, and I love any sort of mystery book. I love watching AFV (America's Funniest Home Videos) and cop shows.

A few random facts about me: I'm colour-blind, I have 5 dogs, and I can burp the entire alphabet frontwards and backwards, which I am quite proud of, though my parents aren't so much :P
By The Community Team

Last edited by random.swirls : 22-03-2011 at 12:54 PM. Reason: +link