Thread: 2015 Highlights
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2016, 07:22 PM   #31
Charmed
I'm safe up high.

I'm also a little late, I didn't see this thread originally, but I want to share as things are much more difficult now than they were before, but that doesn't mean I didn't have such an amazing 2015 and have wonderful things to be grateful for.

- completed my placement year with research psychology, which was a wonderful experience with wonderful people where I learnt an incredible amount
- continued an amazing friendship which I am incredibly grateful for
-made many more new friends, who I hope will continue to be my friends in the future
- started opening up to those I should about life stuff, and worked really hard in therapy to get somewhere (potentially backfired but totally irrelevant)
- travelled to Spain with one of my closest friends which was brilliant and didn't end in disaster
- completed Camp America in a Special Needs Camp in New York for 3 months which was one of the hardest but most rewardable experiences of my life so far, I met some amazing people, campers and counsellors, some of whom I hope to be friends with for a long time, and experienced so many things I could never have imagined.
- travelled America after Camp, seeing some beautiful places along the West Coast; one my most memorable travelling experiences
- halfway through my final year of my degree (hopefully, after my exams!)
- somehow secured a job in a mental health field, which I am able to keep after I graduate
- despite various setbacks in life over the last few months, I feel I've tried more than I ever have before, and have managed to overcome a lot of things, which has improved my strength in general and shown to myself that there are things I can do, and I don't need to let the world fall apart around me.

Have you ever looked fear in the face and said "I just don't care"?

Charmed is offline   Reply With Quote