View Single Post
Old 04-07-2019, 03:34 PM   #1
yoyogirl

I am currently:
Scolosis and Fibro?

Please note I am not thinking about job seeking or friendship/social situation Never situation is applicable due to mental health and fibro/scoliosis

I am struggling with living with Fibromylagia and Scolosis, I was recently diagnosed with Scolosis after years of struggling with it and now at the stage where it's noticeable and feels awkward especially clothes look odd to me. The pain is also affecting my own mental health and I am close to one day taking something or doing something drastic as I have had enough of it. it literally making everyday life difficult, using the laptop, enjoying a movie at home or and generally being comfortable. I cannot concentrate/focus on one task as it is and with the pain being difficult it makes just enjoying the sun or going shopping or meeting someone for coffee painful..
Obviously I am on medication for conditions, but these easily weae off quickly and I am medications for the pain relief as well. but are addictive and bog standard otc stuff doesnt do anything.

So where can I can go with it? do I speak to mental health services about mental health side of it and hope they don't speak to me about my jobseeking situation that doesn't apply as I am not in the best place for it and it's irrelevant and not in my remit (plus, I am signed off completely) I am not required to look for work and neither do I want to speak them about the social situation which isn't relevant as its not causing issues for me at the moment. I am not depressed because of I have no social life as I do not want to be referred back to that social club.

Plus I am also thinking that my own personal mental health is more important itself rather than those two problems of the future.... in years to come.
i also do not know I am going to cope with distance learning/university physically and mentally in regards to the pain etc or end up with nothing..

Obviously, if mental health would take it as a major situation and they want to have me safeguarded etc, I would fully accept that physically and practically I cannot do the course. But if they say it's just meds, here is the number for the local crisis team, take the meds for your fibro and here's fibro/scoliosis charity number, but we will refer you back to that social club, there's a great sports club for disabled people and mh..... blah blah or have you thought about reading a b.ook, distractions from it, I will do my nut.

I am looking into spinal surgery for the scoloisis?

Have you ever confused a dream with life? Or stolen something when you have the cash? Have you ever been blue? Or thought your train moving while sitting still? Maybe I was just crazy. Maybe it was the 60's. Or maybe I was just a girl... interrupted.
I know what it's like to want to die. How it hurts to smile. How you try to fit in but you can't. How you hurt yourself on the outside to try to kill the thing on the inside. I tried groups, didn't work out just made my depression a lot worse.

yoyogirl is offline   Reply With Quote