View Single Post
Old 19-08-2010, 06:12 PM   #12
rockaroni
Captain Rainbow!!!

I am currently:

Right, its been a few days, but I said I'd come back to this, and I am!

I should imagine your ED services would try their hardest to fast-track refer you to services in your uni town, seeing as they've got a bit of time to play with. And yeah, uni counselling services are great- mine referred mine for CBT since I was being a bit messed about, and it worked pretty quickly. Plus also, if anything goes wrong at uni, they can write letters and talk to your tutors, or do mitigating circumsstances forms. It might also be good to see if your uni has a mental health advisor type person- mine has been aboslutely wonderful to me, got me onto DSA, got me extra time in exams, extentsions on deadlines etc.

To be fair, you won't be in constant contact, or at least I'd be surprised if you managed it. But you know, little calls here and there just to say hi can really be lovely. It sounds like you guys are getting the whole thing sorted pretty smoothly :)

I really wouldn't worry about not mkaing friends. There are so many freshers events, club/society socials and meetings and stuff, honestly, you just need to throw yourself in there. Everyone's new, nobody knows anyone, you meet people everywhere. Its just the way :)

Wake me up before I change again
Remind me the story that I won't get insane
Tell me why it's always the same
Explain me the reason why I'm so much in pain.

rockaroni is offline   Reply With Quote