View Single Post
Old 19-06-2012, 12:11 AM   #9

I am currently:

This is a good question, what to do with those pesky reminders. I know when I finally decided I no longer wanted to hide all the time I still carried a jacket with me at all time "just in case" which eased some of that anxiety. I found there were certain times I started to feel self conscious and could put on a jacket or long sleeves and just get through that moment until I felt stronger later. I have been about 4 1/2 years without cutting so while my scars have fadded more than I ever thought they would they are still there and I know that some of them, the ugly raised kind, will always be there.
Rather than get rid of my scars through the laser therapy I decided to balance the physical reminder my scars give me of what I used to do with a new reminder of who I am and what I do now by getting a tattoo that symbolizes my journey. Sure I have the scars that reminded me of how I handled my negative thoughts and experiences in the past, but I also have a beautiful tattoo, that I "earned" after one year cut free, that reminds me of how far I have come.
If the scar therapy is as therapeutic to you as a sign of your progress, as my tattoo is to me then I say pursue it.

God help you if you are a phoenix and you dare to rise up from the ash
A thousand eyes will smolder with jealousy but you are just flying past

192 is offline   Reply With Quote