View Single Post
Old 29-02-2012, 10:36 PM   #2
StillVacant
Red

I am currently:

Standard. This was pretty much my uni experience. At least you have the right instinct - not to isolate yourself.
Suggestions:
after a lecture, stop some of the people you like and ask if they want to go out at the weekend. Perhaps suggest a place noone would normally go - an unusual bar or restaurant, and mention you'd like to try something new but your 'other friends' aren't up for it so would they be interested.

or, go to your union and see what clubs are available. I got through uni by joining the drama society. without that it would have been unbearable. it is completely normal to join clubs half way through. Loads of people joined the club i was in well after the beginning of the year.

or, go to the gym and join an exercise class. you may meet friends at the class and exercise will make you feel more positive and motivated in general.

you will have ups and downs at uni. use the easter break to meet your deadlines and meet up with some of your old work buddies.

as for the relationship, all i can say is don't place all your social eggs in your boyfriend's basket - work on the friendships with people on your course.

if you are living in halls i would suggest you would be happier taking a room in a shared house - halls are so impersonal and depressing if you are a more mature student.

take care, sv

I’m hurting this body just to get by
Choked with hot tears and stale pie-in-the-sky.

StillVacant is offline   Reply With Quote